One of the most important steps in planning your long-distance move is selecting the right moving company. When you trust a moving company with all of your belongings, you need to make sure they have what it takes to return your items with no issues. Avoid damaged and missing items by following these three steps.
1. Make Sure They Have the Services You Need
Moving companies should have a list of the services they offer. Some agents may only offer transportation services while more established teams will cover your complete packing, moving, and storage needs. Decide on which services you want to use to ensure you’re covered such as:
- Partial- or Full-Packing
- Fragile Item Packing
- Vehicle Shipping
- Oversized Packing
- Furniture Assembly
- Storage Warehousing
2. Research Their Credibility
Don’t select a moving and storage company without checking out their credentials. Read customer reviews and see which certifications they carry. This will provide you with a better understanding of what your long-distance relocation experience will be like and make you better informed on the reputation of the movers you’re entrusting with your home. Some common credentials you should review before choosing a long-distance mover include:
- Network or Agency: Bekins Van Lines agents are part of a worldwide network that can help you move efficiently to over 100 countries.
- Better Business Burea Rating: An A+ BBB rating means that your moving company demonstrates the highest levels of ethical workmanship.
- Awards: Awards from the BBB or industry networks distinguish your mover from other options in the trade.
- Memberships: Memberships provide movers with a network of learning opportunities while demonstrating their dedication to the industry.
3. Determine If They Fit into Your Budget
Before committing to a long-distance moving company, make sure their services fit into your budget. While some household movers have set prices, you can find moving companies that customize plans so that you only pay for the services you want to use. Customizing your moving plan can save you money while allowing your movers to focus on providing you with committed service in the ways you need.
Request a Free Long-Distance Moving Quote
Liberty Movers is a Central Massachusetts moving and storage company with 100+ years of experience. Call today to begin customizing your moving plan with our BBB-accredited, award-winning long-distance movers. As a Bekins Van Lines agent, you can count on us for a secure and seamless moving process. Request a free quote when you submit our online form now!
Subscribe to Liberty Movers's Blog